Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Art of Writing a Will if you're Rich


"To my son, I leave the pleasure of earning a living, which he had not done in 35 years."

"To my daughter, I leave $1,000. She will need it. The only good piece of business her husband ever did was to marry her."

"To my valet I leave the clothes he has been stealing from me regularly for the past 10 years. Also my fur coat that he wore last winter when I was in Palm Beach."

"To my chauffeur, I leave my cars. He almost ruined them and I want him to have the satisfaction of finishing the job."

"To my wife: She has been troubled with one old fool, she should not think of marrying a second." ...

Just today, Queen of Mean Leona Helmsley cut off two of her grandchildren and left a $12 million trust fund to her dog, Trouble, whose body 'when he goes to the kennel in the sky' will lie beside her in a mausoleum.

The late wife of billionaire hotelier Harry Helmsley also left millions for her brother, Alvin Rosenthal, when she checked out. Rosenthal was responsible for caring for Helmsley's beloved white Maltese. The other two grandchildren were spared her final wrath and left $5 million each  providing they visit their father's grave at least once a year.

The dirt-hating Helmsley ordered that the mausoleum be "washed or steam-cleaned at least once a year," for which she left $3 million.

Helmsley also remembered the "little people" in her life and threw her chauffeur a bone - $100,000.
-Wills of the Rich and Vengeful

No comments: